“We must first be willing to let go of the life we planned, as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – -Joseph Campbell
In Module 43 of Business Finishing School, you learn that that we all have the opportunity to choose greatness, beauty and presence in every moment of our lives. We also have the opportunity to choose the character traits that we want to possess throughout our lives.
We believe that character is having a life manifested by your core values. These are the things that you care most about imprinting on the world around you. We believe that character is an important part of your legacy and since your character is what people feel and experience when they are around you. Your character defines your legacy more than anything else. Your legacy is what is left behind when you are gone. It is very important to consciously think about your own character; so that you can create a solid future to live into.
Ask yourself the following questions about your character:
• What do you want your future to be like?
• What type of person do you want to be known as?
• What do you want your family and friends to say about you?
• What do you want your clients and business relationships to say about you?
• What character traits would you need to adopt in order to become the person you want to be?
• What character traits will you have to let go of in order to become the person you want to be?
• How do you get those around you to be more focused on character?
In my high school year-book, the quote I chose was for my future was, “The straight and narrow path wouldn’t be so narrow, if more people walked on it.” I believe that character is the fuel that will take you farther than you can imagine; but only if you spend time focusing on it, and developing it.
Rick Sapio, Co-Founder, Business Finishing School, LLC